DIRECTING MANAGER- SALES & EVENTS
The castle located in midtown Toronto, is now owned by the City of Toronto and is regarded as a treasured heritage landmark. Today, Casa Loma is one of Toronto’s top tourist attractions and hospitality venues. Each year over 650,000 visitors tour Casa Loma and the estate gardens. A perfect backdrop for special occasions, Casa Loma also plays host to over 250 private events annually. The unique architecture has also made it a highly desirable location for film, television and photo shoots. The historic site is operated by the Liberty Entertainment Group; under the direction of Nick Di Donato, a company synonymous with Toronto entertainment venues. Hospitality, as well as a flair for the restoration in heritage buildings.
Casa Loma is now seeking a Director of Sales and Events Manager to drive sales revenue and manage a team of Sales Representatives and Event Coordinators. The Directing Sales & Event Manager is involved in the day-to-day running of the Sales & Event Department, including sales, staff, revenue and event management.
The main responsibilities of the Directing Manager – Sales & Events include:
- Maximizing sales and meeting profit and financial expectations
- Personal sales and management of a selection of high profile events including many corporate and wedding functions
- Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensuring they are satisfied with the service delivered
- Staff management of sales and event coordinators including recruiting, motivating, coaching, organizing, training, and weekly scheduling of sales and event coordinator team and related Human Resources duties
- Providing weekly sales reports and keeping financial and administrative records
- Planning new promotions and initiatives, and contributing to business development
- Planning menus in consultation with chefs
- Interacting with customers if involved with front of house work
- Liaising with suppliers and clients
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments in the industry, including menus, trends in consumer tastes, etc.
- Daily management of Sales team
- Daily liaising and coordinating with Casa Loma Operations and Catering teams
- Able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Able to work nights and weekends as required for event implementation
- Have minimum of 5-8 years of experience as a Sales and Events Manager in event and catering industry
- Manage and work through options/solutions with clients for successful events
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships to ensure high quality event production
- Successfully explore and deliver client-based solutions according to clients’ needs
- Interact and coordinate with the Sales and Catering teams on accounts
- Ensure timely, thorough and accurate presentation of detailed menu, banquet event orders and quotes
- Demonstrate, communicate and showcase venue and product features of all company facilities and properties
- Experience with Caterease and Social Tables is an asset
- Can legally work in Canada
Casa Loma is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, recruitment, and selection process. The company welcomes and encourages application from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.